Friday, April 3, 2009

Heading to "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"


On March 30, 2009, I left my home in small town, Ohio, USA to take on a whirlwind adventure in a new place. The trip via plane(s), was very comfortable for economy class. I hopped from Akron, Ohio to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Los Angeles, California. There I changed airlines and hopped from Los Angeles, California to Auckland, New Zealand to Melborne, Australia and finally arrived in Perth, Australia. Arriving in Perth my husband, Daniel (who had been here for 6 weeks already), and his parents were waiting for me to debark the last plane and meet them just before the baggage claim. Alan (my father-in-law) was videoing the entire event as I took the escalator down to give Daniel a huge hug and a kiss before I turned to greet him and Jill.

Exhausted as I was when I arrived... I hoped that the 2 day trip across the ocean would help me adjust easier to the 12 hour time difference between Ohio and Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment