Sunday, May 10, 2009

Busy Being Pregnant?

Here's me at week 30... (I got an e-mail from babycenter.com to remind me how big I was getting and how much bigger I should expect.. good news is, my weight has stayed pretty much the same since day 1 and that means, baby is growing, but I am not adding any more to my fat storage, yay!).

You know... they say enjoy your pregnancy cuz it only lasts a little while. They also say be sure to be ready for the baby (as if you could be ready for any contingency). so what have I been doing? Beading. Not so much a contingency plan, but it keeps my mind busy when I am not reading blogs. So in it's best form it's a relaxing hobby and it tests not only your creativity, but your patience. I keep thinking, "how can i continue beading after the baby is born". Not all mommies to be (or mommies in general) enjoy beading... my sister decided to bake cookies (take a look at her blog - especially the article "accidental housewifery").

So I have made a bunch of items, just for fun... and a few that I have given as gifts. Here are a couple examples of my latest work.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, nice baby belly :) Have you noticed your getting bigger in other places, lol - I'm sure Daniel approves ;) Or at least it appears that way in your picture :) I miss you guys like crazy - 10 more weeks is hardly anything when the baby is on her way. I'm so excited for you. Oh - have you heard anything about the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding is currently rescheduled for August 2010. But the actual date is still pending - Disney will not be able to confirm the date until sometime in January 2010 because they don't have their park schedules ready more than 8 or 9 months ahead.

    As for getting bigger, you would laugh - I am still able to wear nearly all my normal clothes from before the pregnancy. When I weighed in on Monday (May 11) I had lost an approximate 6 lbs since my last weigh in from March 25. The midwife said all my tests have come back normal so far, even the sugar test that I did once I got here was just fine, so there is nothing to worry about. Anyway, she said don't be surprised if you still manage to gain weight just before the baby is born.

    We miss you too... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mean you were getting bigger everywhere, just in your boobs ;) Maybe its the shirt or the picture, but they look a lot bigger, lol.

    So no wedding this year huh? Man! Altough baby Juliette will be the show stealer I'm sure :)

    I'm so happy things are going well and the baby is growing just fine. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete