Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thought of the Day #2 -- "Following Blogs"

When did following blogs become the norm?

Are we so attached to our technology that we forgot how to sit down and have a cuppa with the neighbor or our best mate?

Yeah, I am thinking of this because I realized all my best mates are overseas and in another time zone. (This is certainly not to discount any new friends I have made while here in Oz, but the people in the USA have known me better for longer).

So really then, what is the etiquette for following a blog, and who makes up this rule anyway?

I'd like to invite your discussions below, please feel free to comment and share your views, this isn't a q&A session, but rather a way to visit over a cuppa without being in the same room.

:-)

And besides, I have no desire to spend all my time showing off creative witticisms, I'd rather spend my time enjoying my family and friends.

4 comments:

  1. When we all moved away from eachother and it's easier than traveling and more fun than not talking?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the weekly skype/web cam with "grandpa", blogging still seems too 1 sided to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly it is. In a society where we don't take time to stop and smell the roses, sometimes one sided is the way we go...

    Although retired grandpa's are fantastic at making time and Juliet has the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be Juliette (note the correct spelling), she is not from the Shakespeare novel. I don't believe any of the above is an excuse good enough for not making time to keep in contact with people. Whether they are in the same state, country, timezone. There is no excuse good enough for not keeping in contact with people, in particular family.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete