Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thought of the Day #5 -- "Weekends Off"

I took the weekend off from blogging, chalking it up to my taking a break from a job or commitment. 

I was thinking about this over the weekend...
  1. Because I made the commitment to myself that I should have 30 consecutive thoughts for blogging, and
  2. because I was trying to define how strong my conviction for blogging really is.

So what really are "Weekends Off"?

By a Google search you will find this definition:
          Definitions of Weekend off on the Web:
          The legal workweek (a US term, in the UK called 
          the working week) is part of the 7-day week 
          devoted to labor, as opposed to rest. In many 
          countries it is Monday to Friday. What constitutes 
          the workweek is mandated either by law or custom. 
          ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weekend_off


Individually we sometimes define our "off" time as time away from work, other times we define it as time to ourselves away from everyone and everything. Some people might consider a weekend off, time when they can spend their energy blogging...

For me, a weekend off is when I can do what I feel like doing, away from any obligations.

This weekend, it meant no blogging for 2 days which sort of coincided with the weekend.. you will notice that I finished Friday's thought on Saturday, but only because I fell asleep too early Friday.

So what do you do on your "Weekends Off"?
Share with us the curiosities of mind and soul... we need a little excitement in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment